1.08.2009

STIMULUS PACKAGE

BY CINCINNATUS

I think it’s fair to say that the “bailout” has officially become a laughingstock (it’s been an unofficial laughingstock for quite some time now). When I read
this today I just about soiled myself in the ensuing giggling fit. It seems Larry Flynt can’t keep his profits up, so he and Girls Gone Wild creator Joe Francis are asking Congress for a modest bailout of $5 billion in the name of America’s sexual health. Given the salacious nature of this whole topic I’m not going to dwell on it, and frankly I don’t think anything I write could add any more humor to it all.

I’ll just take a moment to remind Congress of the power Larry Flynt held over them during the Lewinsky scandal (see
here). If you don’t pony up the blackmail money, who knows which one of you will have your peccadilloes splashed across the pages of Hustler?

No comments: